1. Creating Generative Learning Environments
Our programs create learning spaces that are defined by the characteristic that here children, youth and adults are both teachers and learners engaged with each other in a spirit of collaboration and respect amongst all. Such a learning environment creates the following key learning outcomes:
- Creating Insights and awareness - We focus on bringing individual into the experience of insights or the "aha" experience of discovery. This helps in raising awareness and changing attitudes
- Learning - We create an opportunity for participating children and youth to invoke and re-categorize their existing knowledge in an effort to build upon it
- Creating a safe space and permission to engage in new ways with each other - We offer children the opportunity to look at their current situation from diverse points of view that they had never previously considered
- Safe space and permission to share and take the risk to dream - We empower participating children and youth to anchor in practices of deep listening and learning from each other’s life stories and experiences. Through time, they are encouraged to think 'outside the box', take the risk to dream and plan on how they wish to walk towards it.
2. Emotional Change
The process of experiencing 'wholeness' requires the development of beginning to learn to read emotions and understand their impact on one’s behaviours.
- Emotional Literacy - Our programs focus on helping children make the intangible more accessible; it helps them learn how to read and interpret their feelings as a way of promoting self-awareness and changing those patterns that withhold the meeting of one’s potential.